• Font Size: +
  • -
  • Print
  • Print
Make a referral

Seating and Mobility

A physiotherapist can provide assessment around seating and mobility needs. Your child might require equipment such as a walker, wheelchair, standing frame, bath seat, mechanical lift, etc. to maximize his/her independence at home or school. The physiotherapist may also be able to help you make changes to equipment or furniture you have at home to help your child. For example, we could adapt a baby’s high chair or a school student’s classroom chair.

Some equipment can be loaned to you from our lending cupboard, and we can also assist you in purchasing equipment when needed.

Professionals from the Sunnyhill Health Centre for Children also travel to Kamloops twice per year for the Seating and Mobility Outreach Clinic.

If you have any questions, or need help with your child’s seating and mobility, please contact your physiotherapist.