Supported Child Development Program
The Supported Child Development program works with families and community care providers to ensure the exceptional needs of all children can be met in their neighbourhood child care settings.
Supported Child Development is based in the belief that all children have the right to be actively included in the community.
The SCD consultant strives to enhance and support inclusive, quality child care by working in consultation with families and community agencies.
The SCD consultant provides support to children and their care providers in community centres on an outreach basis.
- Is available to all families with a child requiring extra support
- Facilitates parent/professional collaboration at all levels of service
- Assists families to find and include their child in the early childhood setting of their choice
- Coordinates and consults with the whole team of people working with a child and family
- Works with families, care providers and team members to complete Individual Family Service Plans
- Provides consultation and evaluation of program planning
- Provides ongoing training and support to care providers
- Supports transitions from early childhood programs into schools or other community programs
Families are required to pay the child care fees. If you cannot afford the fees; you are encouraged to apply for Day Care Subsidy.
If your child requires extra support to be successful in the program you have chosen, this service will be provided at no cost to you (based on availability).