• Font Size: +
  • -
  • Print
  • Print
Make a referral


Voice problems are not common in young children, but can occur occasionally. If you have any concerns about the quality of your child’s voice ie: hoarseness, pitch breaks, unusually quiet and unable to use a loud voice, you should first see your doctor. Your doctor may then refer to an Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) specialist.

Another exceptional resource is the Provincial Voice Care Resource program. To contact them:
Mailing Address:
Provincial Voice Care Resource Program
G&L Diamond Health Care Centre
Vancouver General Hospital
4th Floor, 2775 Laurel Street
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9
Phone: (604) 875-4204
Link: http://www.pvcrp.com

If speech therapy can be helpful to you and your child in resolving their voice concerns, either you or your doctor can make a referral.